Updated: Mar 1, 2019
Lets take this moment to talk about the largest organ you have: SKIN. Skin is often the first thing that people notice about you —it is everywhere ya know? So the question is: how can we keep the largest organ —our skin— looking flawless, clear, and smooth?
STEP 1: Ask yourself these two questions:
1. What is the current state of my skin (e.g. dry, irritated, broken out, oily, moisturized, clear-smooth-and-healthy, etc.)?
2. What am I actively doing to maintain and also improve my skin?
STEP 2: Recognize the following components are vital to monitor regarding YOUR skin:
- Your diet
- The skin products you use
- The amount of sleep you get on a regular basis
- How often are you exercising
- Your stress levels
STEP 3: ACT on step 1 and 2.
Below you will find a list of natural skin products and best practices to aid in your skin care: HELP!
Natural Skin Products:
1. Use a non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores) moisturizer for your face
2. Find products to use that don’t have a lot of ingredients
Natural Supplements & Edibles:
1. Vitamin B, C, and E tablets
2. Oil of Oreganol - Immunity booster
3. Multivitamin (I prefer Rainbow Light because it’s all natural—Destiny. I prefer Garden of Life, which is also a natural brand—Ayana.)
4. 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil Daily (contributes to overall skin health due to it being a fatty acid).
6. WATER, Agua, Watah, H2o
7. Fresh leafy greens throughout the day
8. DECREASE the consumption of the following: sugar, alcohol, fried foods, packaged foods, and the like.
1. Rinse face upon waking up with lukewarm water and before bed
2. Visit the sauna 1-3 times/ week
3. Use sunscreen daily —even if you have a have a darker complexion (this helps with aging and the safety of your skin)
4. Workout and SWEAT. Releasing endorphins and STRESS always helps to improve skin. However; ensure you do not leave dirt or sweat on your face for extended periods of time.
5. Wash your pillow cases at least 1-2 times/week
6. If you wear makeup always ensure you wash it off completely before going to bed
7. Drink at least half your weight in ounces to 1 gallon of water each day